One of the most important parts of a wedding can be the first dance. The newlyweds charge the dance floor as family and friends watch them take their first spin around the dance floor as husband and wife. A lot of pressure can be added to the couple as they open the dance floor to eager guests. Finding a song to perform the first dance can be as equally daunting as performing the dance itself. I’ve compiled a list of 10 great songs for inspiration for the first dance wedding songs.
10. The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
9. La Vie en Rose by Louis Armstrong
8. You are the Sunshine of my Life by Stevie Wonder
7. Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin
6. Dream a Little Dream of Me by Mama Cass
5. Our Love is Here to Stay by Billie Holiday (Harry Connick Jr. has a beautiful version too!)
4. As Time Goes by by Jimmy Durante
3. All I Ask of You from The Phantom of the Opera
2. It Had to be You by Harry Connick Jr.
1. Verlaine by Charles Trenet
What was the special song you chose for your wedding? Leave us a comment below!